You’ve previously learned how to create assignments. Now, beginning with this school year, 2021, teachers will be able to schedule assignments!
By scheduling assignments, you’ll be able to set assignments to go live for your classes on a specific date in the future.
Scheduling assignments from a class’s Assign tab
Here’s how you can schedule a future assignment from the Assign tab for any of your existing classes:
- Access the desired class on your Teacher Dashboard
- Go to the Assign page.
- There, you’ll be able to see the content available for the course or courses selected in your class.
- Using the checkboxes on the right, pick the content you’d like to assign.
- Click “Assign.”
A screen will pop up that looks like the screenshot below. On this screen, you can:
- choose whether you’d like students to work on the same or a different set of problems within an exercise,
- select the students that should get the assignment.
- set the start date and time (when the assignments will appear for your students), and
- set the due date and time.
Scheduling assignments directly from the content page
You can also schedule an assignment from its specific content page. To do so, please follow these instructions:
- Browse our library until you find an activity that you’d like your students to work on; this could be an article, a video, or an exercise.
- Once you’ve found an activity, click on it. You’ll notice an Assign button at the top of the screen.
- After clicking the button, select the class, students, start date, and due date you want for that assignment.
- Then, click “Assign.”
If the start date is in the future, the assignment will be scheduled to go live on that chosen date.
Locating scheduled assignments
Every assignment you schedule will be saved in your class’s Assignments > Manage page > Scheduled tab.
From this page, you can edit the scheduled assignments. For more information on how to do so, click here.
Once the date arrives, your students will see the assignment on their homepage, and they will be notified about the new assignments available for them to complete. Students can find these notifications:
- in their email inbox,
- on their Khan Academy account,
- and, if they’ve downloaded the Khan Academy app, on their phone or tablet.
When new students join your class, they will automatically receive all active assignments. Assignments scheduled for a future date will be sent to new students on the date they are scheduled.