Khan Academy offers teachers insight to track their students' work on both assigned and unassigned content. This article will give you an overview of the different places you can find information about your students' performance on Mastery goals, Assignments, and any unassigned work your students have done on Khan Academy.
Once you have logged into your Khan Academy account and selected a class from your Teacher Dashboard, you will see the below options on the lefthand menu which offer data about student performance:
These options are listed below, along with a quick description of their functionality, and link to a Help Center article with more information about how to use them:
- Activity Overview: offers data about student work on both assigned and unassigned content.
- These interactive and customizable reports allow teachers to drill into student work by many different metrics including learning time, skill comprehension, and Mastery levels.
- Additional Resource: How do I use the Activity Overview reports?
- Mastery Goals - Progress: offers insight about your students' progress towards their assigned Course or Unit Mastery goals.
- Additional Resource: How can I view my students' progress towards their Mastery goals?
- Assignments - Scores: shows your students' scores and completion information for individual assignments they have been tasked with.
- From this report, student scores can be downloaded as a CSV for your records or grading platform of choice.
- Additional Resource: How do I use the assignment scores report?
- Assignments - Manage: gives teachers access to the Responses and Completion reports. These show each of the students responded to the questions on the assignment, or who completed the video or article in its entirety.
- Additional Resource: How do I use the Responses and Completion Reports?
- SAT: Offers data about student work on Khan Academy's Official SAT Practice tool.
- This section is NOT for data about student work done on Khan Academy's Digital SAT Courses. Digital SAT data can be found on Activity Overview
- Please note: this report will sunset in early 2024, as the SAT will be only using the digital version of the test.
- Additional Resource: What student SAT data is available to teachers?
- Individual Student Skills Report: Offers specific data about a student's work across all of Khan Academy, including learning time, skills worked on, and access to that students' settings.
- Additional Resource: How do I use the Individual Student Skills Report?
Below is a clip showing the different report options from the Teacher Dashboard:
We hope this article has helped you understand what reporting options Khan Academy offers for teachers to monitor progress, and pointed you in the right direction to find the report options that best meet your classroom needs.
For additional guidance or to share feedback, please reach out to our support team here! We are happy to help.