Khan Academy provides many reports for administrators to monitor and track learning progress with. This article will give you an overview of the Administrator Homepage which is designed for administrators to quickly receive a high-level overview of a variety of data and connect you to helpful resources.
The key features of the Administrator Homepage are outlined below:
- School filtering: drill down to specific schools in your district if desired
- Progress: Top 5 performing schools by grades or courses for students
- Activity: A weekly district-wide view of learning minutes spent by students
- Student activations: A snapshot of the funnel from rostered to activated to active students. The "Started an activity" metric is the number of currently rostered students who have any learning time since the start of the current school year.
Resources: Links to helpful resources applicable to administrators
To navigate to the Administrator Homepage please follow the below steps:
- Log into your Khan Academy administrator account
- Click your name in the top right corner
- Click “Administrator Dashboard” from the dropdown menu
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: What are the requirements to show up in the top 5 progress section?
Answer: To show up in the top 5 progress section:
- The course or grade has to have at least 20 students with an average of at least 5 skills worked on
- If there not enough courses to populate the top 5, a "no other courses were tracked" message will be displayed
- If no courses have been added by the teachers to their classrooms yet, then a “No data available for this date and school” message will be displayed
Question: How does the homepage handle students who are no longer rostered?
A: The only place you will be able to see data for students who are no longer rostered, will be on the downloadable CSVs only, which are available on the “Export Student Data” tab.
Question: Is it possible to adjust the time frame for what activity from previous weeks educators can see?
A: Not on the Home Page. Activity shows the last 3 full weeks. If you would like more customizable date ranges, we recommend using the progress reports.