How can school districts prepare to transition back and forth between in-person and distance learning in a way that maximizes academic growth for all students? This is the central question of Khan Academy's flexible learning preparedness report & toolkit.
These resources examine flexible learning preparedness across seven dimensions:
- Family engagement
- Digital access
- Professional development
- Instruction, curricular resources, platforms, and data
- Support for special populations
- Mental health
Districts can self-assess their preparedness for flexible learning across each dimension on a four-point scale from one (poor preparedness) to four (great preparedness).
Below you will find several resources, including:
- A comprehensive report, informed by 100 interviews and 1000+ survey results from parents, teachers, school and district administrators and education experts;
- A copy of the flexible learning preparedness index for individuals to download, print and self-assess; and
- Resources to help schools and districts improve their preparedness on several of the key dimensions.