While a teacher can stop coaching a student altogether and through this remove the student completely from the class (assignments included), there is a way to just remove students from a particular class but not sever the coaching tie to them fully.
Through the Remove from class feature, a teacher is essentially removing the student from the class but still retaining the coach/student link. This way a teacher is able to still see the student on their Students Page and if they wish to add them to another one of their classes, they can do so easily.
To remove a student from a class:
- Make sure you’re in your Teacher Dashboard. You can get there by clicking on your name in the top right corner of the screen and selecting Teacher dashboard from the drop-down menu.
- Select the class from which you want to remove students.
- Click on Students under Admin in the left sidebar.
- Select one or multiple students by clicking the boxes on the right-hand side of the list of students.
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the word Actions on the right side at the top of the student list.
- Select Remove from class.