Note: MAP Recommended Practice is a prototype. It may change or be removed at any time.
MAP Recommended Practice— also known as Mappers— is a prototype teachers can use to provide personalized math practice for students on Khan Academy based on their NWEA MAP scores.
To get started, visit https://www.khanacademy.org/math/mappers.
The first section you will see while scrolling down the page is “You.” This is an option for you to input your MAP scores.
In case you’d like students to input their scores by themselves, have them access our MAP Recommended Practice and scroll down to “You.” Then, advise them to follow these steps:
1. Use the dropdown menu to select the test you’ll input the scores from (Mathematics 2-5 or Mathematics 6+).
2. Click on “Where do I find my scores?” to get some instructions on which RIT scores you should input.
3. Use the MAP score report to determine the correct value for each topic area.
4. Input each score to its respective topic’s box.
5. Click on the button “Show me the recommendations!” button to receive personalized recommendations for you to practice each topic area.
6. Each link will take the student directly to activities aligned with the skills needed to improve performance in the topic area.
Note: The number of activities in the recommendations refers to available practice exercises, as well as articles and videos.
7. Students can watch any of the video lessons, work on the practice exercises, and take the quizzes and tests until they achieve those skills’ Mastery.
Note: Only the completion of practice exercises, quizzes, and unit tests count towards Mastery.
For more information on what is Course and Unit Mastery and how they work, please check out this article.
If you prefer to set up student scores yourself, please follow these steps:
1. Scroll past the “You” section on the MAP Recommended Practice homepage and go to the next one, “Your students.”
2. Click on “Filter students by class” to open a dropdown menu and select a class.
3. Enter your students’ RIT scores following the same process as steps 1–5 above.
4. Once your students begin to work on their recommendations, you can visit our MAP Recommended Practice to see the progress they are making across topics.
5. You can also enter new scores for any student by clicking on “Enter new scores.”