We encourage you to apply if you:
- Have content knowledge and fluency in English and a local language
- Have Khan Academy experience (have watched a few of our videos, read several articles or done a few exercises before)
- Commit at least a few hours every week
If you meet all the above requirements for translators and are still interested in this volunteer role, you can apply by following these steps:
- Go to the Language Advocates list and check if your language is listed. The languages on the list are languages that already have active projects. See what Language Advocates do here.
- If you find your language on the list, you should apply through the translator application form on Wufoo. This will help us get to know you a little better, and potentially connect you to existing efforts underway for translation into your language interest. You will immediately receive an email with more information after the application has been submitted. To start translating, you can read this article.
- If your language is not listed, you want to take ownership of the translation effort for your language, and have at least 8 hours per week to commit to the project, please read about the "Language Advocate" role, fill out the Language Advocate application form, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Completed Advocate Application (name of your language)” in the subject. Note: Due to resource constraints our small international team is temporarily not onboarding new language teams or new advocates, but we hope to be able to do so again in the future. However, you may apply for the Language Advocate role if you are interested in potentially being a Language Advocate in the future.