If your child is younger than age 13, you can change their:
- Username: Your child will use this name to log in to Khan Academy. It’s also the name that will show up on your parent homepage.
- Gender: This information is optional.
- Birthdate: If your child is younger than 13, indicating this will restrict your child's access to Discussion Forums and keep their information private.
- Primary language: We’ll show your child content in this language.
- Sound effects: Choose whether you’d like your child to hear celebratory sounds when they achieve something.
- Video auto-continue: Choose whether you'd like the next video to automatically start playing after watching the last one.
- Password: Change your child’s password.
- Coaches: Choose whether your child can add other coaches.
- SAT extended time accommodation: Choose whether to let the child practice with extended time.
- Accessibility: Choose "Hide visually dependent content" to hide content that requires mouse interaction with the screen.
- Delete account: Permanently delete your child’s account.
To change your child's settings, follow these steps:
- Log into your own Khan Academy account and click your name at the top right. A menu will open.
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to Child accounts and click Settings for the child whose settings you want to change.
Note: You can also reach these settings by selecting Your children from the drop-down menu, clicking on the child account you want to adjust, and clicking View settings.
Note: On a child account there is no option to connect to CollegeBoard.org. If your child is 13 or older, they can edit their own settings.