These are guidelines for posting links, images, and videos in our discussion forums and Support Community. For guidelines on user-created programs, consult the Guidelines tab under the program.
For the use of links on user-generated JS programs, see the JS Guidelines. These can be found underneath every user-generated JS program as well as here.
In discussions under forums, videos, and articles on Khan Academy, external and internal links are hidden automatically, but will be approved by a moderator (our Guardians) if they are:
- helpful to the discussion at hand
- not advertising, promotional, or commercial
Examples of when linking to commercial sites may be permissible:
- An answer can best be supported and expanded by referring to a scientific article. The article is only available as an abstract without paying for it. If it is an article from a peer-reviewed science periodical, it's still fine to link to the abstract page.
- In the Help Center forums, linking to relevant external technical pages is generally fine if it helps solve a user issue using Khan Academy, even if they belong to a commercial company.
- For images in JS programs, see image (JS Documentation).
- For images in HTML/CSS programs, see underneath Project: Travel webpage
Note: Not applicable for discussions under forums, videos, and articles on Khan Academy.
We currently allow user-generated images in the Support Community that are:
- Helpful to the discussion at hand
- Do not contain personal information or commercial images
Please try to limit your image size to <600 px width and height.
If you need to supply images that contain personal information, for instance about account issues or inappropriate user behavior, do so via the Report a problem button in the Help Center so the team can help you in a private channel.