How can I apply to be a translator for Khan Academy?
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Have content knowledge and fluency in English and a local language
- Have Khan Academy experience (have watched a few of our videos, read several articles or done a few exercises before)
- Commit a few hours every week
If you have checked the above prerequisites of translators and still interested in translating our content, you can apply through following steps.
- Go to the Language Advocates list and check if your language is listed. The languages on the list are languages that already have active projects. See what Language Advocates do here.
- If you find your language on the list, you should apply through the application form on Wufoo. This will help us get to know you a little better, and potentially connect you to existing efforts underway for translation into your language interest. You will immediately receive an email with more information after the application has been submitted. To start translating, you can read this article.
- If your language is not listed, you want to take ownership of the translation effort for your language, and have at least 4 hours per week to commit to the project, please fill out the Language Advocate application form, and then email email@example.com with “Completed Advocate Application (name of your language)” in the subject.