Reformed Help Requests Page
Not very many people answer help requests, it's depressing, but true(Most of my requests have gone unanswered, and any that were were from the same 4 people lary serfalten, bob lyon, martin nicole, eric sursa). I've made multiple posts here about different ways to get people to do help requests like rewarding energy points, badges, or a new series of avatars, but nobody seems to care about help requests. Sometimes I have to scroll through and often grudgingly answer help requests that are either impossible to understand, or can be answered simply in the documentation/videos by pamela. Here are a few Ideas of how to cut down the number of help requests, while also increasing the number answered.
- Rewards- Reward badges, avatars, energy points etc. to people who answer help requests
- Seperate Pages(advanced/intermediate etc.)- this Idea is mainly just so that people who have a legitimate question will be more likley to get an answer. The project feedback(PF) page gets new additions every minute some are people who are stuck and need help, many others are asking how to use rect();(which pushes the legitimate requests down, never to be answered), I don't think that we shouldn't help people who don't know much about programming, that defeats the purpose of KA, I just think we should find a more efficient way than answering a hundred times a day how to use rect();(Yall are programmers, efficient is supposed to be your thing) This idea would mainly be so that if you feel like solving a fun challenge or helping someone with something difficult you can go to the 'advanced' project feedback page, and actually be able to find a question.
- Search community tutorials- I think this one is the best one, before you can make a help request KA should take you to a page with the documentation, and a large library of tutorials made by the community, that can then be searched by the person who might have made a help request, but now doesn't need to. I think this could be added as one of the pages along with 'recents', 'hot', and 'contests'. When you want your tutorial to be added to the page you could have a button that says, 'post to tutorials page', to then either be peer reviewed or checked by a guardian before being approved. This could keep the PF so much cleaner, and make KA a much better learning environment. In summary it is a page that has a bunch of community tutorials and a searchbar, you are directed to this page before making a help request
- Empty programs- If a program is empty I think it should not be posted to the PF page
- Make project feedback seperate from the help requests- Too many of the help requests are just 'does it look nice?', which I believe there is a place for, but it makes it harder to answer peoples questions when both are on the same page.
Everytime I've posted an Idea about how to make KA better, nothing happens. Yall are great developers, and you've done an amazing job with KA, but there is room to improve. I also understand that there is no possible way for you to keep up with the number of ideas rushing in from the KACP community, but please just consider this one. If you don't have time for any of these just make something simple like a reminder to just google the question, before making a request.
@KACP Community- have you ever had trouble with something after working hard on a program for a long time, then you were forced to give up the project just because you couldn't find an answer to your question? I know I have, so help make KA better, by answering help requests!
Please sign in to leave a comment.