- Above the the question it clearly states "Use the following number line for the question below"
- Point A on the number line in the diagram is 3 points to the left of 0
- The question asks "Which of the following is the opposite of A?"
- The lesson prior clearly explains that the opposite of a number is positive if the number is negative, and negative if it is positive
- The point A on the diagram is located on the negative side, to the left of 0. Therefore, its opposite would be an equal distance on the right side, aka at point E
- The correct answer is actually -A, which leads me to believe the question does NOT use the diagram. If you use the diagram for reference you would clearly see that A already represents a negative point on the line, and so the answer should be a positive.
- Basically this question is misleading because it plainly says to use the number line for the question but using the number line makes no sense for the question
Perhaps I have overthought this but it bothers me that the question is misleading