If you have already done work in Khan Academy before activating your school district account and joining a class, you could see an error indicating that a problem happened during activation. Don’t worry! This is something you can easily fix by discarding the unsaved progress in that session or saving it into an account.
Discarding the unsaved progress
To discard the unsaved progress, visit https://www.khanacademy.org/logout using the same device and browser in which you tried to join your class. This will eliminate any energy points currently associated with your computer’s IP address.
Note: If you don’t mind discarding these points, this is the quickest way to join your class!
Keeping the unsaved progress
If you would rather keep the progress, please follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.khanacademy.org/signup using the same device and browser in which you tried to join your class
- Choose Learner
- Next, add your date of birth
- If you are 13 or older, choose one of the following options to set an email for your new account
- If you are under 13 years old, click on Sign up by choosing a username instead
- Next, set your username, password, and add your parent or guardian’s email
Finally, follow the next prompts to create your new account.
Note: If you are under 13 years old, this account will ask for your parent or guardian’s approval.
Joining your class
Once you have either discarded or saved the progress into an account, you’ll be ready to activate your school account and join your class! To do that, visit https://www.khanacademy.org/join and enter the class code of the class you wanted to join.
Note: If you are under 13 years old and opted to save the progress in an account, it’s not possible to use that same account as your school account for security reasons.
Need help? If you need further assistance to join your class, please contact our Support team. We're here for you!