We're always working to improve Khan Academy content! Here's what changed this month:
We've updated this course to add new units and lessons that are aligned with the new 2020-2021 standards from The College Board. Due to the large number of changes, your mastery percentage may change by up to 46%.
- New unit: Digital Information
- Includes previously covered topics of binary numbers, compression techniques, and licenses.
- Adds new topics: bytes, binary representation of text, sampling analog data.
- New unit: Online data security
- Includes previously covered topics of cookies, browsing history, geolocation, encryption, phishing attacks, and passwords.
- Adds new topics: PII, search history, rogue access points, multifactor authentication.
- New unit: Simulations
- Includes previously covered topic of randomness. Adds new content on exploring and creating simulations.
- New unit: Computing Innovations
- Covers similar topics as previous "Global impact" unit but with new exercises focusing on the harms and benefits of innovations.
- New lesson: Parallel & distributed computing (in Algorithms unit)
- Changed unit: The Internet
- Covers similar topics but exercises focus on different aspects of those topics.
- Adds new topics: UDP, WWW, scalable systems, open protocol development.
- Removed unit: Computers