If you did not receive your Khan Academy sign-up email, there are a few things that might have happened:
- your email address is part of a private domain (some school or work domains),
- your email filters have filtered it out of your inbox,
- your email forwarding has sent it to another account,
- or the default settings from your email server didn’t allow it to go through.
For all Gmail users, we have found a workaround that might help you receive the email that will allow you to verify your Khan Academy account.
In order to do this, you will need to spawn a different email ID while using your current Gmail inbox. You can spawn a different Gmail ID by adding a plus sign (+) at the end of your username and then any combination of words or numbers to personalize that ID (which will still be connected to your original account. For example, if your Gmail address is email@example.com, you could create a new ID using firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add the (+) and words/numbers before the @gmail.com. You can do this as many times as you like to create different Gmail IDs.
This does NOT create a new Gmail account!
Your base email is email@example.com. You are able to “modify” the email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or any combination), and you will continue to receive any emails straight into the inbox for your base email: email@example.com.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Log into your affected Khan Academy account.
- Click the Change address button on the banner.
- Change your email address from firstname.lastname@example.org to something else (e.g., email@example.com).
- The verification email should come to your original account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you’re still unable to receive the sign-up email after trying this workaround, please let us know by submitting a support request. We’re happy to help!