Khan Academy is excited to announce a set of new features that we hope give you more insight into your Mastery progress, and information about your assignments, as you learn and progress on Khan Academy. This initial rollout is going to coached and classroom users in the United States, but eventually everyone will see it. Dec 6 update: All learners and subjects now have this experience!
- Learners will have a new content experience that shows both assignment context (when relevant), and mastery information for the skills that they’re working on.
- Learners will also see how the content they’re on fits into the broader learning journey in that subject.
Why are we making these changes?
- Before this new design, content could be viewed in three distinct contexts— whether you were coming from an assignment, a unit page, or the lesson page.
- These views contained different learning contexts depending on where you were coming from and did not contain Mastery information.
- We hope that this new unified, context-rich view will both decrease navigation confusion, and increase awareness of how each lesson fits into one’s larger learning efforts.
We wanted to get the new core experience out to classrooms before the start of the school year, but we have a number of additional updates planned for the coming months.
- This first rollout is going out to US-based classroom users, but eventually everyone in all locales will have this experience.
- This is initially just launching for Math and Science content items, but the rest of our domains will get it soon.
- Course Challenges and Mastery Challenges will be receiving this new experience in upcoming updates.
- We’ll be adding a button to retry the practice item you just completed.
- Discussions and standards information will be included on these pages.
- Google Classroom integration will be added back.
- We also have a number of accessibility-related improvements planned.
As always, we’d love to know what you think. The team has set up a dedicated form to hear your feedback.