The Khan Academy team has been working hard to build new features to make your learning and teaching experiences better than ever. We’re excited to announce that the following will be coming soon to a Khan Academy account near you:
- Assignments: One of the biggest requests for years has been for the ability to assign content from anywhere on Khan Academy - not just exercises, and not just subjects covered in Missions. The new Assignments feature gives coaches the ability to assign Khan Academy articles, videos, and exercises to their whole class, individuals, or small groups. When exercises are completed they generate detailed reports at the individual and class level that offer insights into performance and potential gaps.
- Coach Dashboard: A redesigned and more class-centric Coach Dashboard provides an easier-to-use, faster, and more scalable coaching experience
- Official SAT Practice Coach Tools: Coach tools were our #1 SAT-related feature request, and the team is super excited to finally roll it out for everyone. Once you enable the “SAT” tab in the new coach dashboard, you’ll be able to see recommended practice plans that students are working through, as well as how students have been doing at an aggregate level and individual level.
- Study Guides: Topic pages have been redesigned to provide students with personalized study plans. When a student takes a brief diagnostic quiz, Khan Academy will provide recommendations for the specific exercises they should focus on.
- Quizzes and Unit Tests: New mid-unit quizzes provide a check for understanding on additional skills, and a final unit test combines problems from all skills within the unit to help students assess their progress. (Quick note: Teachers cannot assign or view student results on quizzes and unit tests yet, but we hope to make this possible in the future.)
- Class Picker: Learners start by identifying their grade and subjects, which enables Khan Academy to highlight the content that will be most relevant for them on their learning homepage.